My Playlist

Friday, July 30, 2010

We Love Because ..

We love because Christ first loved us! (1 John 4:19). This is probably my 2nd or 3rd week meeting and spending time with the freshmen. I'm a bit worn out already, but at the end of the day I know each and every minute is well worth the time. Meeting them was not by coincidence, because God had planned it all out long beforehand. God seriously presents opportunities for us to invest our time in people, but it's up to us if we want to respond to this calling! Though many of them have not received the gospel into their hearts, they are always in my heart and prayers. I have never prayed so hard for anyone other than myself before.

--
I had a brief conversation with my mom and we went onto the subject of relationships. Recently a few dating relationships were sprouted from my immediate siblings to my cousins. My mom reminded me of this wonderful truth- you can lose a relationship because it is NOT the world, but you cannot lose CHRIST above all else. It's sooo true. Relationships come and go, but Christ remains. I know that God will provide the right one for me one day. Essentially that is not my priority, rather we are called to serve Christ with all that we have. Time IS SHORT! Living a life of urgency in proclaiming the GOSPEL! Who am I that God would send His ONE and ONLY son to be pierced on the cross for my past, current, and future sins? I love reading the Gospel of Matthew! :)

I am finally on Psalm 74. Yesterday I read the third book of Psalm 73. I love the following verses:
25-26:

Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
My flesh and heart may fail,
but God is my strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

Amen?

Btw, I am not stating that being in a relationship is bad, rather time is short! Love God. Love People! And be loved!
--
Over the past week I volunteered at the Early Childhood Educational Center! So there are three mandarin speaking kids (which is extremely rare in Merced). I was so sad when one of them is leaving permanently for Taiwan. I met her the winter of 2009 and she rarely spoke. When I came in and spoke to her in my broken and limited Mandarin, she finally started to talk to me in Mandarin. One of the teachers was surprised and shared with me saying, "Wow I've never heard her speak until you came." She would drag me around to make puzzles, arts and crafts, and blow bubbles, etc. I'm probably not going to see her ever again, but wow she picked up English throughout the past year and she speaks probably 70% or more in English now! Definitely encouraged me to be a preschool teacher! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment