My Playlist

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Every Starry Night Was His Design


Today was my birthday and it was mind bottling to know that 19 years have gone by and onto my 20th chapter in life.

Within these thoughts:

I purchased two wooden blocks while I was at a retreat recently, each reads a different word and listed below is an encouraging verse:

Priority- But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33
Forgive- Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32


Reasons why I chose "Priority & Forgive".
Priority- Over the past year I have lost sight of who Christ is. I have grown complacent and hopeless of what Christ had/has in store for me. When I look at the verse located in Matthew 6:33, I am reminded that all of my shortcomings, failures, and struggles are short lived when I set my eyes on Christ and on the prize. So what does it mean to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness? It is when we deny ourselves (Luke 9:23 (English Standard Version)Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus 23And he said to all, "If anyone would come after me, let himA)">(A) deny himself andB)">(B) take up his crossC)">(C) daily and follow me.) and live for only God. Because we no longer live for our selfish gain rather to be reminded of how GREAT the Gospel is in our lives, that our lives will be transformed by the blood of Jesus Christ! :)

Forgive- Ephesians 4:32 -Christ calls us to forgive one another and ourselves just as HE forgave us! It has definitely been a challenge to do so, but it will be well worth it in the end!


Resolutions for the year!
1. Fall more in love with God each and everyday in relationship, prayer, and through His word!
2. Figure out what God wants me to do after I graduate!
... that's all I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment