My Playlist

Saturday, June 19, 2010

RESOLVED.

Over time, it has gotten a lot easier to let go. I'm not simply stating the simplicity of the situation rather the thankfulness I am in the Lord that He's been sovereign in His plans. Though it sometimes is painstakingly hard to forget the past, regardless God is still good. I guess this is goodbye after two years of everything we went through. As much as it felt like it all that was invested went down the drain, I know God gives and takes away and everything given by God was out of GRACE.

Blessed Be Your Name-
You give and take away. My heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name.

When I read the book of Job, OH boy! Wow to see everything taken away from him and still he was able to say BLESSED BE YOUR NAME! How encouraging is that?!

The real question is whether or not serving the Lord overseas will bring glory to the Lord and of original intention. I really want to serve overseas, but where? There's so many programs, but recently I had a very in-depth conversation with a friend of mine during our Mexico missionary trip. I shared with him my interests of applying to a Korean teaching program overseas. To cut a long story short, we somehow ended up talking about how serving in third world countries is much needed, but what about serving rich and industrialized countries who don't know about God? Korea has a super duper high Christianity rate, but what about Japan? Not to say Korea is not industrialized, rather there is a higher rate. This verse came to mind:

Mark 10:25 (English Standard Version)

25It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enterA)">(A) the kingdom of God."

I really wanted to go to Resolved Conference this coming weekend, but summer school is in session. Perhaps next year. Resolved Conference was inspired by Jonathan Edwards' resolved resolutions. Here's one of them:

Resolved, frequently to take some deliberate action, which seems most unlikely to be done, for the glory of God, and trace it back to the original intention, designs and ends of it; and if I find it not to be for God's glory, to repute it as a breach of the 4th Resolution. -Jonathan Edwards


TO FREQUENTLY DELIBERATE ACTION, WHICH SEEMS MOST UNLIKELY TO BE DONE, FOR THE GLORY OF GOD!

Another one of the many:
Resolved, that I will live so, as I shall wish I had done when I come to die.

I want to serve the Lord all that I can without an ulterior motive. I don't want to live in this worldly perspective. All for the GLORY OF GOD!

The key to Christian living is a thirst and hunger for God. And one
of the main reasons people do not understand or experience the
sovereignty of grace and the way it works through the awakening of
sovereign joy is that their hunger and thirst for God is so small."
-John Piper

^I want to thirst and hunger for the LORD more than ever. I want to live a habitual spiritual life for Christ and no longer for myself. And the rest will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment