My Playlist

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Division?

Have you noticed why there are several denominational churches or even non denominational churches coexisting?

There are a plethora reasons why churches run by a specific theology and or vision. This bring up a question whether or not spiritual food comes from:

1. Subjectivism- basing our view of God on our changing feelings and emotions.
2. Legalism- basing our relationship with God on our own performance.
3. Condemnation- being more focused on our sin than on God's grace.

I recently discerned my foundation in belief through analyzing and evaluating my heart and mind. For a fact, I am not here to influence or sway the decisions of your perspective, rather to create awareness of the issue of division. How do we conjoin different types of beliefs in order to be on agreeable terms with one another? There is not a true way to fix this issue, rather the goal of the problem is to truly pray and love one another despite disagreements regarding theology. This seems like a simple task to accomplish, but in reality it really isn't easy.

While I was in the process of finding what theology I believed in, I spent more time judging others by the way the worshiped. But the Lord has humbled me to remind me that He works in different ways. Worship is versatile.

However, there are a few truths I do believe that sits solid. Just to list a few:

Scripture > Feelings/Emotions

"What's greater is the Truth (Bible) that we focus on first will cause feelings follow.. they'll be reliable feelings because they are anchored in truth. "-CJ Mahaney (Living the Cross Centered Life)


2 Timothy 8-10
8Therefore(Q) do not be ashamed of(R) the testimony about our Lord, nor of(S) me his prisoner, but(T) share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, 9(U) who saved us and(V) called us to[a] a holy calling,(W) not because of our works but because of(X) his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,[b] 10and which now has(Y) been manifested through(Z) the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus,(AA) who abolished death and(AB) brought life and(AC) immortality to light through the gospel

Feelings: affect our view of reality & the way we live in response to reality

"If we want our hearts to be moved by the gospel, if we want our emotions engaged, if we want to be truly amazed... w e have to start by putting our feelings in their proper place. "
How feelings-focused are we?

"We let our feelings tell us what's true, instead of letting the truth transform our feelings. We let subjective impressions determine what we'll accept as objective fact."

"It's a frightening experience to sit with individuals who actually insist that what they feel is ultimately more autoritative to them than what's written clearly in Scripture.
"God opposes the proud...God gives grace to the humble." James 4:6, 1 Peter 5:5

As I began to believe the objective truth of His Word regardless of how I feel, I am consistently reminded that Jesus loves you, me, us regardless of our feelings. What an amazing truth! God is SOO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment