My Playlist

Monday, June 21, 2010

Prayers

My prayer walk blossomed freshmen year. I've realized that prayer develops overtime, which made it easier for me to pray during quiet times and in large group settings. This year I've lost passion for prayer, especially for others. Eventually my prayers was done either out of obligation and guilt or selfish gain. Recommitting myself to prayer will definitely be a challenge for me, but I'm up for it! :)

When I was young, my mom and I would pray before we fell asleep. Often times I was embarrassed of praying in front of others (yes I was shy even in front of my mom). But she really helped me gain self confidence in prayer. Anyhoos, during our prayers together, my mom demonstrated selfless prayer, because she prayed for everyone indvidually that came to mind. At times she wouldn't pray for herself or she would add a few sentences for herself in the end.

I think... I'm going to make a prayer wall again.. since it's so hard for me to remember everyone's prayers. If you have any prayers, email, aim, phone, and or comment!

Edit:

1 John 5:14-15 (English Standard Version)

14And this isA)">(A) the confidence that we have toward him, thatB)">(B) if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 15And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.


No comments:

Post a Comment