My Playlist

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Who?

God has certainly humbled me in so many ways over the past and current week. Torn was I in the face of the crowd. Condemned was my heart. Unworthy am I of standing in the presence of the Lord. I am reminded of my sinful flesh and the selfish desires of my human heart.

But SANCTIFIED we are by the blood of Christ!!! What a GLORIOUS SIGHT!

WHAT CAN WASH AWAY OUR SINS? NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS!
WHO CAN MAKE ME WHOLE AGAIN? NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS!

GIVE US CLEAN HANDS, GIVE US PURE HEARTS!
LET US NOT LIFT OUR SOULS TO ANOTHER.



Below is my missionary letter to YOU! :) Please pray for us! Shei Shei Ni! Thank you so much!

Greetings,
My name is Tiffany Tam and I am currently attending the University of California, Merced. Summer of 2010 will be my second time serving on missions with Central Presbyterian Church (CPC) in Merced. Last year we went to Lake Charles, New Orleans to restore two houses that were damaged by Hurricane Katrina. However, this year CPC will be serving at a different location, Mexico. We will be building 2-3 12X24 foot homes for homeless families located a few miles outside the heart of Tijuana from June 6-10, 2010. And approximately 20 UC and junior college students have decided to commit five days to serve the Lord in Mexico!
I believe that as a Christian, Christ calls us to serve others. In 1 Peter 4:10-11, “10(A) As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another,(B) as good stewards of God’s varied grace: 11whoever speaks, as one who speaks(C) oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves(D) by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything(E) God may be glorified through Jesus Christ.(F) To him belong glory and(G) dominion forever and ever. Amen.” I firmly believe that this missionary trip will not only be beneficial for those whom I am serving, but it will also help me grow spiritually and to be more like Christ. Going on this missionary trip, I know that God will reveal himself in unexpected ways. It will also be a good reminder that the Lord works in mysterious ways.
The cost of this trip is $500 and it will cover transportation, food, and the construction materials. Tijuana, Mexico is known for its violence and recently, Tijuana was hit by a tremendous earthquake with a magnitude of 4.5. Please pray for us as we serve the Lord in an area that requires a great amount of trust in the Lord. If you feel moved to support me financially, that would be great!
I just want to apologize to those who did not receive my updated letters last year. This year, I promise to keep you informed and updated when we return to California. If you would like to receive email updates, please email me to inform me that you would like to receive electronic emails by emailing me: lovefaithhpe90@gmail.com I will also print and hand out hardcopies of any updates along with a follow up & pictures! :] Thank you so much for your prayerful consideration!!!
All Glory to God,
Tiffany Tam
Cut on the dotted line below and mail the slip of paper below along with a check to CENTRAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH 1920 Canal Street. Merced, CA 95340 ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
(Please check one or more of the following)
O We/I will gladly support you by writing a check with $__________.
Make check payable to: Central Presbyterian Church with a notation for Tiffany Tam, Mexico 2010.
O We/I will be praying for those who are going on the missionary trip to Mexico.
O Notes for Tiffany Tam:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment