My Playlist

Monday, May 10, 2010

Doing It Better The Second Time Around: Lesson Learned.


I have realized my selfishness over the past year. Achieving my first 4.0 ever in my life was great for a second, but then I realized the time I have wasted for my selfish gain in relationships and school, I neglected to set my eyes on the more permanent things the Lord had in stored for me. God gave me several chances to redeem myself, but I fell flat onto my face. Near the end, I had nothing left, my soul was empty, my heart was black, my salvation was nearly gone. This was all because I had placed relationships and school as my idol and God being God, removed every single one of my idols. It has been definitely been a tough year for growth, but praise the LORD for breaking into my calloused heart and cleansing me of my sin. Praise the Lord for His provision of grace! He has been so good to me.

Next school year is THE year I can start on a fresh clean slate. I have realized my inabilities and inconsistency with getting to know the freshmen girls, but I still have a year and half left to become more intentional and relational with some of them. I do hope that the Lord will give me the words to speak and the ability to love.

MORE OF CHRIST and less of me.
To make CHRIST known.

No comments:

Post a Comment