My Playlist

Sunday, May 23, 2010

GOD REALLY DOES WORK!


Commitment and consistency in reading the Lord's word has been a current struggle in my life. In particular, I never really enjoyed reading willfully such as textbooks, novel books, etc. I have yet to read an entire textbook or book in college. I am not encouraging students to not read books. So continue to read your books! It has taken me more than a year to read the book of Psalms. In fact, I am still in the process of reading Psalms. I really DO want to become a diligent and committed reader, but I have improved over the past year. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE reading the Lord's Word, but diving into the Word of God might take a lot longer than expected.

Rewinding back to a couple of days ago. The worship leader interceded for us after worship and what an amazing truth he spoke of: BE CONSISTENT. Inside and out of church.

As of late, it has been easy for me to focus on the Lord in a church setting. I am soo in love with the Lord in confined places. Church, fellowship, etc. But when I look at my individual walk with God it lacked consistency. I am not advocating for us to consistently look for signs in confirmation of our sins. Rather to discern and evaluate our hearts and shortcomings and allowing our Lord Jesus to sanctify us.

Anyways, I read Psalms 40- My Help and My Deliverer
What stood out to me the most was Psalms 40:8

I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.

Our missions team will be going to Mexico to build 2-3 houses early June. When we do the Lord's will is it out of guilt, joy, ambition, or what? As of late, in preparation of my heart to become mission minded for this mission trip has been painstakingly hard. Don't mistaken me, I really DO want to go. But what are my motives? To spread the gospel through words and actions. While in this fundraiser process, perhaps I have become distracted and burdened with the costs of missions. I really do enjoy sharing with others my desire to serve in Mexico, but with doubts and worries at hand I feel quite burdened to trust in the Lord during the process. Or maybe it is too early in the game to worry.

Aside from my anxiousness, this morning I was woken up by a song that kept replaying in my head. Million pieces by Newsboys. And I can say that has definitely calmed my nerves.

Here are some verses for you guys:

Matthew 6:34 (English Standard Version)

34A)">(A) "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own

1 Peter 4:10-11 (English Standard Version)

10A)">(A) As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another,B)">(B) as good stewards of God’s varied grace: 11whoever speaks, as one who speaksC)">(C) oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who servesD)">(D) by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everythingE)">(E) God may be glorified through Jesus Christ.F)">(F) To him belong glory andG)">(G) dominion forever and ever. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment