My Playlist

Monday, May 3, 2010

Random Stuff




I guess I am a pretty serious blogger.

From childhood to now, I have always been such a big fan Disney movies, characters, and themed parks. Watching old Disney movies, sorta reminds me of what it's like to be a kid. Anyhoos, if I got to pick a place to go, it would be Disneyworld! The last time I was there, I believe I was 2 or 3. I can't imagine a more magical place than Disneyworld. Well, I can, but still!!! One of these days! :) To prove that Disneyland/world is magical, one of my former fellowship teachers or my aunt's brother proposed to his girlfriend. It was nearby Sleeping Beauty's beautifully illuminated castle in Disneyland during the fireworks ceremony. And because Disneyland is such a magical place to propose, her answer was YES! :) It's so exciting to see God's plans unfold before a couple's eyes. Congratulations!!!

UPDATE: Turns out the wedding will be held at a hotel near Disneyland on November!!! I'm really excited!

Switching gears, I've been pretty flip floppy about going to Mexico missionary trip. God has absolutely humbled me in numerous ways. Yesterday was leadership meeting for DIVE and while we were waiting to meet up with our college pastor. I was pretty closed minded on serving on missionary that is not as relational as the missionary trip for PESI next summer. But wow, God has really changed my perspective in a matter of a few days. After just chatting casually with a few of the leaders, God really used them to humble me. After much thought into it, surprisingly, I was really excited about going on missions. However, it comes down to the parentals, there were some doubts about me going on missions to Mexico due to violence there. They expressed how China is much safer than Mexico and listed tons of reasons why I shouldn't go. I was really upset because I really wanted to go even though it took me awhile. But half an hour later, my parents called me back and said it was okay for me to go. I think God can be humorous sometimes. So, the fund-raising begins now!!! God is so good and He has a good sense of humor! Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment