My Playlist

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Inside Out

The existence of the Christian bubble may be faulty. Rewinding back to my freshmen year, I was definitely surrounded by Christians 24/7. In all honesty, I took every opportunity possible to be surrounded by a multitude of Christians. Perhaps it was the spur of the moment, because I only had about one Christian friend in my high school. I felt so loved being in the environment of loving Christians, because I knew that the presence of the Lord was there. However, my desires of only wanting to spend time with Christians showed my lack of love and commitment towards others who were not Christians. To reiterate what I am trying to say, I did not have a heart for those who were not part of God's family. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed spending time with my Hip Hop Movement and friends who are non Christians. From time to time, I would compromise my faith to be more like them. Similar to worship, I have been placed on the extreme spectrum: conservative and liberal. I don't want to label types of worship, but I can't think of another way to distinguish the two. In some way, I have to admit that it is extremely difficult to alter my worship style in order to fit the setting of worship. In a conservative setting, putting our hands up is considered awkward, but the lyrics of the worship songs have so much depth. Although it may be difficult to understand the first time, the more I understand the lyrics, the more I am in awe and moved. Same goes for the liberal side to worship. Is it considered enough to stand and praise the Lord without jumping up and down to worship the Lord? Am I being judged on both extreme ends of the spectrum? Compromise?

If the Lord is truly calling me to be a missionary, where is my heart for people both Christians and Non Christians? If I were to be overseas, would I compromise my faith? If someone threatened my life if I was a Christian, would I boldly proclaim and acknowledge the Lord's existence or would I deny Christ? Am I fully equipped?

All in all, I LOVE spending time with people, but because of my sinful nature, I struggle in this aspect. But praise the Lord for His love, mercy, and grace.

Ephesians 6:13-20 (English Standard Version)

13ThereforeA)">(A) take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand inB)">(B) the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14Stand therefore,C)">(C) having fastened on the belt of truth, andD)">(D) having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15and,E)">(E) as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16In all circumstances take upF)">(F) the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish allG)">(G) the flaming darts ofH)">(H) the evil one; 17and takeI)">(I) the helmet of salvation, andJ)">(J) the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18prayingK)">(K) at all timesL)">(L) in the Spirit,M)">(M) with all prayer and supplication. To that endN)">(N) keep alert with all perseverance, makingO)">(O) supplication for all the saints, 19andP)">(P) also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouthQ)">(Q) boldly to proclaimR)">(R) the mystery of the gospel, 20for which IS)">(S) am an ambassadorT)">(T) in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment