My Playlist

Monday, March 29, 2010

Hippos Over the Years

Why are we called the hippos?
One day in daycamp Cindyo called me Tiffo for short, because she was too lazy to call me by my first name. So what rhymes with Tiffo? Hippo? A perfect description of me- lazy, poor swimmer, likes to eat, and... Anyhoos, Cindy, Wendy, and Stephanie were amongst our conversation distance. So we decided to create a shorter version of our names.

What are we called?
Stepho the all known hippo- She's so popular! I mean everyone knows her. Who doesn't? :)

Cindyo the funky hippo- Her creative funkiness in designing birthday cards, drawings, and other stuff.

Wendo the dancing hippo- At that time we were preparing for TAD (Teacher's Appreciation Day) and Wendo being the dancer taught us some of her choreography to Britney Spears' top hit, "Hit Me Baby One more time" and Celine Dion's "One Heart". :)

Tiffo the hungee/original hippo- Food is awesome and I'm the original hippo!

I think after naming ourselves "hippos" has really caused us to click with one another. We spent a lot, I mean A LOT of time together. It mainly comprised of going to the beach and eating at Poly Ann's. It wasn't until the summer of our senior year (Stepho's sophomore year) we really got to get Poly Ann's together. We are really blessed to have one another through spiritual highs, lows, droughts, sharing, listening, and praying for one another. But it was with the help of our wonderful, committed high school fellowship leaders, Jen, Jaime, and Jerry. Their fellowship lessons was definitely thick whether it'd be sharing, reading the Word of God, playing lesson related games, and prayer nights. It's more than the company and friendships, what was so amazing about the fellowship was God, He was present and allowed us to grow in so many ways throughout our high school years. Because I had such a solid background of knowing God in high school, transitioning into college wasn't too tough. I'm sooo amazed, blessed, and thankful for the Lord planting people in my life to encourage me even when life gets tough.
























A collection of hippo pictures: Old to New

Senior Video- Credits to my cousin, Joshua Wong.

2 comments:

  1. aww, how come jaime's in there and i'm not? :(

    in that first picture, i love how bailey looks like she's 12. oh wait, she still does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen! I spy a picture with you in it! Sorry! You're with the whole pack.

    ReplyDelete