My Playlist

Friday, April 23, 2010

Will Power.


FATHER GOD ALMIGHTY,
Please give me the strength to say NO. I do NOT want to go down that road. Protect me with your never ending LOVE and PRESENCE. Etch me to become more and more like me. God, You are so good to me!

It's so much to ask, but please pray for me for the next two days. Thank you!

I remember during the near end of summer a dear friend of mine shared with me this exhortation in Yosemite when I was going through several trials. After some efforts to pursue a friendship, losing a friend of about a year and a half is such a painful sight. There is no doubt in my mind of how much this friendship meant to me, but I know that whatever the will of God it is, I must and will abide in God. And now facing an unbearable amount of trials without this friend makes it all the more difficult. Even as I write this, I am reminded that although friendships are gone, the WORD OF THE LORD STANDS STEADFAST. Christ is sufficient.

James 1:2-18 (English Standard Version)

Testing of Your Faith
2A)">(A) Count it all joy, my brothers,a]">[a] when you meet trialsB)">(B) of various kinds, 3for you know thatC)">(C) the testing of your faithD)">(D) produces steadfastness. 4And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may beE)">(E) perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

5F)">(F) If any of you lacks wisdom,G)">(G) let him ask God,H)">(H) who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 6ButI)">(I) let him ask in faith,J)">(J) with no doubting, for the one who doubts is likeK)">(K) a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 7For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8L)">(L) he is a double-minded man,M)">(M) unstable in all his ways.

9Let the lowly brother boast in his exaltation, 10andN)">(N) the rich in his humiliation, becauseO)">(O) like a flower of the grassb]">[b] he will pass away. 11For the sun rises with its scorching heat andP)">(P) withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beauty perishes. So also will the rich man fade away in the midst of his pursuits.

12Q)">(Q) Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receiveR)">(R) the crown of life,S)">(S) which God has promised to those who love him. 13Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God," for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. 15Then desireT)">(T) when it has conceived gives birth to sin, andU)">(U) sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.

16Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. 17V)">(V) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down fromW)">(W) the Father of lightsX)">(X) with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.c]">[c] 18Y)">(Y) Of his own will heZ)">(Z) brought us forth by the word of truth,AA)">(AA) that we should be a kind ofAB)">(AB) firstfruits of his creatures.

I was doing devos in Psalms 31- Into Your Hand I Commit My Spirit


Psalm 31 (English Standard Version)

Psalm 31

Into Your Hand I Commit My Spirit
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.
1A)">(A) In you, O LORD, do IB)">(B) take refuge;
C)">(C) let me never be put to shame;
in yourD)">(D) righteousness deliver me!
2Incline your ear to me;
rescue me speedily!
BeE)">(E) a rock ofF)">(F) refuge for me,
a strong fortress to save me!

3For you are my rock and my fortress;
and for yourG)">(G) name’s sake you lead me and guide me;
4youH)">(H) take me out ofI)">(I) the net they have hidden for me,
for you are myJ)">(J) refuge.
5K)">(K) Into your hand I commit my spirit;
you have redeemed me, O LORD,L)">(L) faithful God.

6IM)">(M) hatea]">[a] those who payN)">(N) regard to worthlessO)">(O) idols,
but I trust in the LORD.
7I will rejoice and be glad in your steadfast love,
because you have seen my affliction;
you haveP)">(P) known the distress of my soul,
8and you have notQ)">(Q) delivered me into the hand of the enemy;
you have set my feet inR)">(R) a broad place.

9Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I amS)">(S) in distress;
T)">(T) my eye is wasted from grief;
my soul and my body also.
10For my life is spent with sorrow,
and my years with sighing;
my strength fails because of my iniquity,
andU)">(U) my bones waste away.

11Because of all my adversaries I have becomeV)">(V) a reproach,
especially to myW)">(W) neighbors,
and an object of dread to my acquaintances;
those who see me in the streetX)">(X) flee from me.
12I have beenY)">(Y) forgotten like one who is dead;
I have become likeZ)">(Z) a broken vessel.
13For IAA)">(AA) hear the whispering of many—
terror on every side!—
AB)">(AB) as they scheme together against me,
as they plot to take my life.

14But IAC)">(AC) trust in you, O LORD;
I say, "You are my God."
15MyAD)">(AD) times are in your hand;
AE)">(AE) rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors!
16AF)">(AF) Make your face shine on your servant;
save me in your steadfast love!
17O LORD,AG)">(AG) let me not be put to shame,
for I call upon you;
let the wicked be put to shame;
let them goAH)">(AH) silently to Sheol.
18Let the lying lips be mute,
whichAI)">(AI) speakAJ)">(AJ) insolently against the righteous
in pride and contempt.

19Oh, how abundant is your goodness,
which you have stored up for those who fear you
and worked for those who take refuge in you,
AK)">(AK) in the sight of the children of mankind!
20InAL)">(AL) the cover of your presence you hide them
from the plots of men;
youAM)">(AM) store them in your shelter
from the strife of tongues.

21Blessed be the LORD,
for he has wondrouslyAN)">(AN) shown his steadfast love to me
when I was inAO)">(AO) a besieged city.
22I had said in myAP)">(AP) alarm,b]">[b]
"I amAQ)">(AQ) cut off fromAR)">(AR) your sight."
But you heard the voice of my pleas for mercy
when I cried to you for help.

23Love the LORD, all you hisAS)">(AS) saints!
The LORD preserves the faithful
but abundantlyAT)">(AT) repays the one who acts in pride.
24AU)">(AU) Be strong, and let your heart take courage,
all you who wait for the LORD!


AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment