My Playlist

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Options

God is ultimately the one who plans out everyone's future. Whatever He gives me in the future, I will do His will. Although it may take time to let it soak in. In the meantime I've been researching for graduate schools. What is a sophomore looking at grad schools already? It has been about a month since I had last seen my academic advisor who made an academic plan for my graduation date of 2011. If I pass all my classes, I will be graduating with the junior class. With the remaining time I have left in UCM, I really want to invest my time with my Sisters and Freshmen class, and especially in the DIVE ministry. I also do want to spend my time building friendships at SFBC as well.
During my time at Mount Hermon, the speaker really emphasized the importance of serving in a church, because Christ gave us the church. Perhaps that is what God really wants me to do, is to serve.
Looking into grad programs feels so surreal. I cannot believe I am over the half mark of my college career moving onto the "real world". Which means no more late night runs to In-N-Out, road trips to Davis/Sacramento on a school night, late night chats/sleepovers, and all-nighters (well, maybe in grad school).
In terms of my post graduate plans as of now I have six options: (If all goes according to plans)

1. Apply and go to UCDavis Credential & Master's Program OR Master's College Masters of Arts in Education (Semester)
2. Apply and go to UCD Credential & Master's Program (Semester) AND Master's College Master's of Arts in Biblical Studies OR Biblical Counseling (Summer)
3. Apply and go to Master's College in Biblical Studies OR Biblical Counseling (Summer)
4. Go overseas & teach English in South Korea OR China and after fulfill options #1 or 2
5. Get a job/internship and go to school later
6. Apply and go to Undergraduate SFSU in Event Planning

P.S.- I'm soo excited! I borrowed Christian Theology by Erickson. I canNOT wait to read it!

Transitioning into sermons. Today is the first time listening John Piper giving a sermon. The way he preaches is something I am not use to. In the sermon "How Much Does God Love This Church", he shared about his thoughts and analysis, and used verses here and there to support his points. Hence, the verses were all over the place, but overall I feel that some of his points were good. I took some notes on his sermon.

How Much Does God Love This Church
John Piper

"I am more concerned with nominal hell bound church goers (who feel the love of God) than born heaven bound Christians (who don't feel the love of God)

In terms of nominal hell bound <- are on the way to hell.

The difference between the two- the bottom line is what makes them happy.

For nominal hell bound church goers- there is no change in what we want, but we go to get it from the church. They feel really love because "my life is going better"
^John Piper's more concerned about these Christians.

We have desires and turn to Jesus to have them met, but no chance in what we want. Just finding it until we get it.
^Not of new birth

Self @ the bottom, our foundation is found in Jesus
The bottom si replaced by Jesus.
They HAVE GOD- the way the speak to each other and of God. Are they most excited when they talk about God? Or more excited about worldly things.
Christians who don't feel the love of God are saved.
Do you feel more saved by God when Christ frees you?

God loves us. He makes more of us born again Christian, than we ever dreamed He could or would.

We can't make others feel loved by God. -Only capture Biblical balance in the way that He loves us.
Why does God perform all of these amazing acts of love toward us in a way that reveals He is loving us for His own glory?
Why does God relentlessly display His amazing acts of love for us in a way that continually draws attention to the fact that He's doing it for His glory?

The design of the Lord is not making much of me is making much of me in making much of God.
God's centeredness is greater than self centeredness
^feel loved at the same time with God centeredness (even though it's not about us)
We are more loved by God when we are loved this way than any other way.

God shows His love for us when...
1. God is showing love to us by predesignating us for adoption (Eph. 1:6)
2. God shows His love for us by creating us (Isaiah 45:6)
3. God sent us a Savior- glory to God. We get the Savior, He gets the glory. It's a bigger love that way.
4. When Christ died for me. He took it so that I might not live for myself.
5. In the way Jesus prays for us (John 17:24)

God makes much of us by...
1. Commending our lives
2. Making us fellow heirs who own everything. (blessed are the meek for they shall inherit th e kingdom of God. We are heirs of Abraham)
3. At the table He is serving us (Luke 12:37)
4. Appointing us to judge angels. (1 Co. 6:3)
5. Ascribing value for us & rejoices over us (Matt 10:30-31, God sings)
6. Giving us a glorious body like Jesus' body (Phil. 3:31, Matt 13:43)
7. *Granting us to sit on Jesus' throne (Rev 3:21, Eph 1:2- Church is Christ's Body. God, son, us- everywhere the Lord extends will be through us)

No comments:

Post a Comment