My Playlist

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Passing the Paton.

I remember the first day of college, moving in with low expectations of what God had for me. The day I moved, my parents prayed for me and I was feeling the pressure of being by myself. I was relocated from the freshmen dorms (Mariposa) and into a suite of 6 persons (San Joaquin Hall). Unexpected of what God had in store for me, my roommate and I grew closer to some extent and my suitemates and I got along pretty well. I committed my high school career to singlehood, even though it costed me a few friendships (which has be restored out of the grace of God over the past four years). During the first week of the Management Summer Bridge Program (I had moved in the dorms two weeks prior to the incoming freshmen move in day). Throughout the program I gained insight and gist of what college was like. During the intense two weeks of writing, economics, math, and seminars, I grew excited after meeting a few Christians. Anyways, during the first week at the MSBP, I wanted to dedicate another year to staying single, however, God had other plans for me. During a difficult relationship, I fell away from my fellowship, friendships, and last but not least, I fell away and grew distanted from God. My prayers were half hearted and selfish prayers. Nonetheless, I am extremely blessed by the trials God has placed in my life. Though I struggled and was unable to support myself, I am so thankful for my friendships and Brothers and Sisters in Christ who prayed for me and helped me grow through my weaknesses.

So why did I title this note: "Passing the Paton"? I recently had a conversation with one of the graduates of 09' and she could not believe that some of the sophomores my freshmen year are finally seniors, leading the pack spiritually. And at the same time I can't believe it that I am officially a third year. The super seniors did instill in us lessons that they had learned, examples that they had set (dedicating their time and money to serve us even though rejection and etc), and lastly displaying God's love into our lives. I am sooo grateful and blessed to have met these awesome seniors. Definitely setting our eyes on Christ as we love upon these freshmen without expectations is what I really hope the upperclassmen and leadership team are actively praying and living it out loud! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment