My Playlist

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Church Hopping

Over the span of 2-4 years, I've been inconsistently church hopping from a Golden Gate Chinese Church, San Francisco Bible Church, First Chinese Baptist Church, Chinese Independent Baptist Church, and my home church Chinese United Methodist Church. I narrowed it down over the past year to SFBC and CUMC.

SFBC Pros-
I love how Biblically grounded they are in the Word.
Everyone is passionate about diving into the Word.
Sermons are centered around the gospel.
Conservative in theology.
The unity of the church and the body.
The conservative aspect of where sisters would rather spend quality time with sisters over their brothers.
Friendships I've made over the past year.
Spiritually mature Brothers and Sisters

CUMC Pros-
Born and raised in this church.
Served in the church
Community
Inside jokes and lifetime friendships


I'm torn between the two churches. I really do want to serve either of the churches, but they are both very different environments. :/ Do I choose spiritual growth over lifetime friends? How will I be able to serve if I commit to either of the churches? Or do I continue to church hop? Perhaps decide later?

No comments:

Post a Comment